- Jealous Devil
Jealous Devil is proud to make its charcoal from pure hardwood – a sustainable, renewable resource. But we are also committed to protecting the ecosystem that created it. Currently, our hardwood is sourced only from trees already being harvested to make space for agriculture or development – we’ve never Moreover, we only source locally grown hardwoods that have been thoughtfully harvested using eco-conscious methods and in full compliance with the Paraguayan government.
But it’s time to turn the heat up. We’re starting with gaining FSC certification, as proof that 100% of our hardwood is sourced from responsibly managed forests and that our production techniques benefit local economies and ecosystems. And next year, we’ll be launching a nonprofit dedicated to funding local Paraguayan efforts that protect the forest’s flora and fauna from pollution, unsustainable deforestation, and habitat destruction.
Unlike other charcoal manufacturers, we routinely share images of our manufacturing process on social media and work hard to remain transparent about what is – and isn’t – in our product.
- Jealous Devil
- PURE AS HEAVEN – HOTTER THAN HELL
- LOW ASH – ALL NATURAL – SMOOTH BURN WITH NO POPS/SPARKS
- FIRED TO PERFECTION – Our charcoal is hand-fired in our signature brick kilns for superior carbonization
- HANDLED WITH CARE -Our XL lumps are packaged in an ultra low humidity environment in industry-leading packaging
- ECO CONSCIOUS CHARCOAL – You don’t have to sell your soul to make great charcoal